It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:53 am

World Stocks

Range Resources

Share Price Movement

(ASX:RRS / AIM:RRL / PINK:RGRLF & RGRYY)
Informed Discussion. No ramping. No deramping.

Share Price Movement

Post Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:06 pm

RNS from Range
STATEMENT RE SHARE PRICE MOVEMENT

The Company notes the recent rise in its share price and confirms that it knows of no corporate or operational reason for this share price movement.

Phew! For a moment, I thought there was something they weren't telling us!
Durando

Re: Share Price Movement

Post Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:32 pm

espite that RNS from Range we are still up 20% on the day

Share Price: 0.045 Bid: 0.04 Ask: 0.05 Change: 0.0075 (+20.00%)

Maybe the leak did not come out of Range at all but an interested party.
Celticheart07

Post Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:35 pm

Well it was when I posted that, back to 13% up now which will make the trolls happy
Celticheart07

Post Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:05 pm

Troll too busy in his many ID's trying to defend his goal on ADVFN, Celtic. Been good to see that movement today, and some will have cashed in. Steady rise all week till today, and feel plenty more excitement this year with Range.
cymrurhydd

Post Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:22 pm

And for the record we are back to 20% up despite that RNS
Celticheart07

Post Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:44 pm

If we close up at this level it will have been a better day than usual, once that RNS denial was issued we were always going to drop back. I would rather see us grow steadily than these wild spikes that will just get traded into in any case
Celticheart07

Post Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:03 pm

Sorry but our Welsh sheepies should give up and stick to Premium Bonds & fixed interest savings accounts!!!!!!
How on earth can you be cheering a 20% manufactured increase (with a few traders mugging even more mugs), when you are still over 99% down on your "investments" (for that read "lost funds")!!!!
Your false optimism is either desperation or you have all lost the plot.
enfranglais

Post Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:19 pm

It is a bit desperate when the annual pump and dump is from 0.0 something p to 0.0 something p.
Not like 8 years ago when it doubled in about a week and what did I do? Bought more, twat.
ErraticPhil

Post Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:25 pm

We have been flat for months and now we have had a run of rises this week, yes the sp is ridiculous and yes those increments don't amount to anything much in the scheme of things but it is a start and as they say, every journey starts with a single step.
Celticheart07

Post Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:16 pm

Good to see range have no idea why a share price rises.
Momo

Post Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:30 pm

Nice to see something happening here!!

Rns should have read We have risen because we arr super super cheap and undervalued!

Anyway i hope they are making some progress in Trinidad, it would make a nice change
Starhero

Post Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:03 am

As I said yesterday one thing seems clear, this could rise very quickly indeed on real news. Yesterday's rise shows that there are a lot of people prepared to take a punt at these levels. When I see speculative hi risk explorers with a market cap many times higher than Range, a producing oiler with its own drilling fleet, something is not right. We have a high level of unsecured debt but we are also cash generative and have seriously reduced our overheads in recent years as well as the spread of the business. Petrotrin is about to re-invent itself as Heritage Oil which will remove the constraint of how much oil they can take as this was previously limited by a very limited refinery. Some will no doubt read this as ramping, it isn't, just contemplation.
Celticheart07

Post Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:34 am

For "contemplation" could we be reading "desperation"?
enfranglais

Post Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:22 pm

"cash generative" really?

you've buried your head in the sand so long it seems stuck there for ever
boobs

Post Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:39 pm

We produce oil which we sell, correct me if I am wrong but that is cash generative as opposed to just being an explorer. I did not say our production level is anywhere near enough yet. It would be good if we could discuss things on here like grownups instead of just looking to snipe at posters. If you don't like my views don't read them.
Celticheart07

Post Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:50 pm

when you talk about a business as being cash generative you are saying it makes a profit, not gets paid for what it produces.

Point me to a single year where RRL has generated any cash as a business, or quarter for that matter. RRL is a massive consumer of cash, the only thing it generates is misery for shareholders

I'll call anyone out who talks crap and you talk more than most
boobs

Post Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:20 pm

Bobo you beat me to it. My eyebrows shot off the top of my head at the suggestion of cash generative. I must have missed that RNS.
ErraticPhil

Post Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:42 pm

Let’s playing nicely ladies and gentlemen. The rise in share price is most welcome. My only concern is why Range don’t know why? Is it possible someone buying to takeover shares at rock bottom prices and price was driven lower last year to facilitate this plan?

We could have new owners or been taking private without getting our monies back. Let’s hope a RNS or a threshold has been passed to declare who has been buying
Martini069

Post Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:50 pm

Gotta chuckle, I'm reminded of King Canute. Standing in the sea and holding back the waves.
Momo

Post Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:07 pm

WTI now $53.7 and Range up another %16.67 not a bad close to the week, still a very long climb back but at least we are moving now.
Celticheart07

Post Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:59 am

Looking forward to another excellent week ahead of those important results. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for improved numbers
Martini069

Post Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:35 pm

Wonder what my friend martini thinks about yufff/nas_daq/bread/ronResources piss take in last post!! That is how troll thinks martini posts, just because troll can never read any slightly Range-positive posts with anything less than hatred and bile. What a silly old man our troll is. Back to only board that lets you talk to yourself constantly, yufff - for the time being anyway.

To all shareholders on here, been an interesting and eventful week last week. Hope this week is also good for y'all. (lewisyfawr on ADVFN).
cymrurhydd

Post Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:51 am

Life’s better when you just forget about range shares
kemp91

Post Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:09 pm

That's definitely the view of Range bod.
Momo

Post Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:32 pm

Hi Chaps, not logged in for something like to years (I guess) any sign of a revival? Over £100k wrong side of it here I’m ashamed to say. But fortunately life is still good. Wishing you all well. JK
Mincedog77

Post Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:36 pm

Somethings happening mate but not sure it’s a revival...sorry to hear about your losses but glad life’s ok!
kemp91

Post Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:25 am

Same old shite sadly, expect nothing good to happen if honest
FUBAR@Birth