It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 4:58 pm

World Stocks

Range Resources

Cause for thought

(ASX:RRS / AIM:RRL / PINK:RGRLF & RGRYY)
Informed Discussion. No ramping. No deramping.

Cause for thought

Post Sat May 12, 2018 5:42 pm

The headline in a well respected Scottish newspaper this morning (yes there are two actually!) reads

Investors need to keep a wary eye on oil price by Iona Bain

An interesting article with three notable paras for Range holders

"Richard Turnill, Blackrock's global strategist added - for investors seeking exposure to oil today, we see a stronger case for investing in energy equities over crude itself. Oil prices have run ahead of energy stocks this year but this trend has started to turn"
IS THIS WHY RANGE HASN'T KEPT PACE WITH THE OIL PRICE AS WE HAD HOPED?

"most energy companies have budgeted for a mid $50s oil price in 2018, with this conservative outlook reflected in share prices today.
This points to valuation upside should current levels of oil prices be sustained"
HAVE WE BEEN TOO QUICK EXPECTING RANGE SP TO INCREASE IN LINE WITH THE PRICE OF OIL?

"the riskiest oil plays are the AIM quoted junior explorers which may not even be producing or have a find, but whose share prices could welcome more positive sentiment towards their industry"
RANGE PRODUCING HUNDREDS OF BARRELS PER DAY MUST/SHOULD HAVE AN EDGE

All we need now is some of these sentiments to be reflected in the SP but it is interesting that someone from Blackrock can offer us some hope.
Nedkellylandau

Re: Cause for thought

Post Sat May 12, 2018 5:47 pm

Some good points there, but remember Range and the wider market seldom have anything in common. The Range story has been about management rather then oil.

Perhaps the resident Range apologist can shed some light on it?
(Come on you know you are!)
Momo

Post Sat May 12, 2018 6:09 pm

Momo wrote:
> Some good points there, but remember Range and the wider market seldom
> have anything in common. The Range story has been about management rather
> then oil.
>
> Perhaps the resident Range apologist can shed some light on it?
> (Come on you know you are!)

Momo
Don't know about apologist as I've always tried to give a balanced view and on this occasion I think a lot of the points made by Turnill reflected a wider market view
Nedkellylandau

Post Sat May 12, 2018 6:11 pm

Momo - quick question - are you still invested here ? Only ask because your location says "Had enuff......gla.". I had only just noticed it !

I agree that previous Management have given us a really bad name in the past & despite 3x quarterly improvements in bopd & receipts, the SP refuses to match performance and rising WTI prices.

Its why some time ago I suggested to Range to change the bloody toxic name
Only Range Resources RRL can have the exact same name as a big US company & find ourselves with 2x different tickers as someone got RRL in AUS !

If I wasnt invested here and read some of the carp sprouted by Oma & Co and then reviewed the last few years Full Year Accounts, I wouldnt invest in Range just yet until I saw some full year accounts dramatic turnaround.

Looking at 3 and of the 4 quarterlies that make up this years accounts & compare to 2017 full year, I can clearly see dramatic, headline grabbing improvements - receipts, bopd and losses will all significantly improve - unless they stuff up the Qtr to June 18 (v capable).

Its only after the full year accounts have been issued do I expect the SP to properly react to what we see already in the quarterlies. It would help if Range could spell PR, let alone know what to do with it !

Roll on July

Loadsa
Loadsamoney

Post Sat May 12, 2018 6:51 pm

...and there we go :)

.....yep still "invested".... Should change that to something I lse. That was from years ago.....when we were with a higher sp....
Momo

Post Sat May 12, 2018 6:52 pm

Nedkellylandau wrote:

> Don't know about apologist as I've always tried to give a balanced view and on this

I agree.
Momo

Post Sat May 12, 2018 7:12 pm

Momo. There wasnt or isnt a problem if you are invested or not...i only just noticed.

I give my reasons and numbers as to why im upbeat. Im also critical of some things Range do badly like comms, comms and bloody comms !

The numbers apart from SP are suggesting recovery and this will be confirmed in full year accounts.
Loadsamoney