It is currently Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:54 am

World Stocks

General Share Chat (All Companies)

MTR trading stock?

Discussion for Any Company Anywhere. As companies get more popular here they will be given their own full forum...

MTR trading stock?

Post Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:40 am

Found this post on their lse bb, which gives a frank review of some issues with the co/ mgt themselves, perhaps. Certainly a resources investing type co in a hurry but money to be made via swing trades??

" i have ramped..but out of genuine enthusiasm
however...

1. When you sleep with dogs you catch fleas. Andrew Bell is, in my opinion, a rather large fleabag who has ravaged his companies, destroyed shareholder value and overseen over £20million disappearing in "administrative & unallocated expenses". I am more than concerned seeing MTR tied up with him even in the tiniest of ways.

2. Words like exceptional, outstanding were used to ill-effect - with the sole beneficiary being Paternoster who have been able to exit a significant proportion of their stake at the highest price. I am hoping there were no shenanigans, but this is AIM - and if you can get into bed with Bell, there's no saying what else you might be willing to do.

3. Given today's news is far from earth-shattering and that drilling continues, there seems to me no problem in delaying an announcement until there is a more comprehensive and comprehensible position to share - even if it was only until the eve of the April 20th presentation.

4. I hold over 8.9million MTR - i don't mind bad days, they will be balanced and exceeded by good days....i mind poor management, poor expectation management & bad alliances and this week we got a taste of all three "
http://www.lse.co.uk/ShareChat.asp?Shar ... etal_tiger

posted 11.31
spud57

Re: MTR trading stock?

Post Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:42 am

spud57

Post Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:04 pm

Another knowledgeable sounding post from early today!

" I would challenge the concept of rising commodity prices currently. If you look at the prices over the last few weeks of the likes of copper they are unwinding the gains of the last few months. Only gold has managed to keep most of those gains. Too early to say whether they are out of the woods yet.

I think it likely that you will get the opportunity to buy in below 4p. Whilst MTR has more projects, Botswana is the one that has stimulated a rise in price from 1.5p. If this is a starting point up to 5p then the rise was, say, 3.5p. A fall along the lines of MOD would translate to a share price of under 4p. A different calculation could be made, however, by using the peak of 6.4p. That would suggest a 10% fall from here. I suspect that the fall will be more than that. People will react to MOD's fall. I would also suggest caution in buying back in too quickly. You will get the opportunity in a few days once the price has stabilised. There will be more than one opportunity over the coming days/weeks. These kinds of reactions are never unwound immediately.

It was a disappointing reaction on the ASX but predictable given 88e and ARS I suppose. Tread carefully! "

May help someone!
http://www.lse.co.uk/member-info.asp?nick=Daisan
spud57

Post Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:45 am

Perhaps I should have nominated 88E who have dropped from over 4 p to 2.3/4 over the last few days till this morning.

Buying tends to push it back to high 2s but lot of assumptions in the valuations and some very bullish geology and drilling reports. Range miles more transparent, for all their faults.
spud57

Post Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:41 pm

i got the feeling SBLM and FRR will be rerating like 88E and MTR recently.

SBLM and FRR are prime to move up now.
londonz